Thursday, June 5, 2008

You Know... This Was Kind Of A Big Deal

Now that Hillary has decided to act, if one day late, like herself and not that scumbag husband of hers, it seems appropriate to note that the Democratic Party (and they were the more pro-slavery ones, remember, and all those dumbass crackers like Jesse Helms started as Democrats) has nominated a black man for President. I have friends, who can actually vote, who are more or less convinced that a black man (or a woman) will never be elected President. I happen to think that they are in error, but they are not obviously wrong.

This is a genuinely gargantuan development. Even if he loses, which means that Grandpa Moses wins, it's a BFD. The New York Times is falling over itself in noting the approval in foreign quarters, which both is and is not important, and I'll likely blather on about that in greater detail down the road.

I hope the guy wins. He's hardly perfect, but he's a damn sight better than the other guy, his wife will kick your ass just for the fun of it, and he isn't an asshat, which might come in handy in the coming years.

In other news, I deeply heart Maureen Dowd. Ideally, my remaining days on earth will give me a chance to strike out with her, as I have with all the other politicas I have flirted with. No names are forthcoming, mind you: a gentleman doesn't not kiss and tell.

No comments: